All year long the two of us have been talking about doing another Cover-to-Cover Project. And all year it just hasn't seemed like the right time.
Good news: Now is the right time!
For those of you who may be new to this, here's the deal: In the 2012 Cover-to-Cover Project, readers joined us in cooking every recipe in six food magazines in one month. That was a doozy, but a ton of fun.
Then last year, for the 2013 Cover-to-Cover Project, hundreds of you joined us to cook everything in the September issue of Bon Appétit. You may be surprised -- as we were -- by the dish that won the highest praise.
This year, we're giving The Cover-to-Cover Project a sweet twist. We'll end the year by making (nearly) all the cookies in this year's December food magazines.
UPDATE: We've now closed submissions and assignments are out. Happy baking!
Here's how it will work:
- You can sign up starting today. By signing up, you agree to bake a cookie recipe we will randomly assign to you. Once you make the recipe, we'll ask you to send us a short blurb and a photo (if possible). Sign-ups will be open until Saturday, December 6.
- Assignments will given out by Saturday, December 6, and we'll ask that you bake your cookies prior to Saturday, December 13. December 13 is the day that your report back to us will be due. We know this isn't a lot of time, but we hope plenty of you will be interested in a holiday baking challenge.
- Starting Monday, December 15, we'll publish the results of the challenge, featuring new cookies here on the blog every day, wrapping it all up on Friday, December 19.
What will you get out of this?
- Delicious cookies for you and your loved ones! (And maybe even something you can give away as a special homemade gift.)
- Even more delicious cookie recipes!
- A fun challenge to kick your holiday baking into high gear.
- Glory. Lots and lots of glory.
Are you up to the challenge? If so, sign up today!