Food & Wine (August 2015)
Never fear, Bittens! We're still here.
We've just been away on vacation in Cape Cod for the past few weeks.
Here's our vacation by the numbers:
- Beach bonfire with friends: 1
- Run-ins with Bitten Word readers who said hi: 2
- Jars of peanut butter: 2
- Bags of Cape Cod chips: 4
- Novels read: 4
- Lobster rolls eaten: 8
- Issues of the New Yorker read (finally): 12
- Days on the beach: 13
- Oysters: 24
- Spf: 30
- Seals spotted: >50
- Head clearance of the house we stayed in: 5' 10"
- Glasses of rosé consumed: Innumerable
It was a decadent, hilarious, fun-filled few weeks with friends.
But now we're back. Back to sanity. Back to the gym. Back to healthy(ish) eating. Back to (thankfully) more summer.
After a big few weeks, it's time to get back in touch with our good old friend Salad.
And we turned to this Charred Tomato Vinaigrette to help reintroduce us.