Wow! We apparently underestimated how many of you would join The Super Awesome Cover-to-Cover Challenge....
We said on Monday that we'd need at least 60 people, and we got more than five times that!
We had planned to put the magazines to a vote in order to decide which issue we'd use. But we hate to leave anybody out, so here's what we're going to do. We're capping The Cover-to-Cover Challenge at 350 participants (there are about 30 slots left). If you haven't already signed up, you can by leaving a comment on Monday's blog post. Readers are going to be divided into six teams.
Why six teams?
Because we're going to cook every recipe in six issues of our favorite October food magazines! Each of you will be assigned to one of the following:
- Team Everyday Food (comfort food issue)
- Team Saveur (100 classic recipes)
- Team Bon Appetit (Family Style Feasts)
- Team Food & Wine (the wine issue -- don't worry, you don't have to make your own wine)
- Team Martha Stewart Living (the flavors of fall)
- Team Food Network Magazine (soups & stews, sandwiches & Fall-ness)
There will be Halloween food. There will be ethnic dishes. There will be layer cakes. There will be a ton of fun.
So here's what happens next:
- By the end of the week we plan to have made dish assignments.
- Each team will get a detailed email explaining what they need to do.
- We're going to all cook-cook-cook and then showcase what we did later in October.
Sound good? We're excited.
Come back tomorrow, when we'll resume our regularly scheduled program.
We're ready to cook some Fall dishes!