It's been a busy summer here at The Bitten Word, cooking from our magazines and also incorporating vegetables from our CSA. It was definitely the most fun we've ever had cooking during the summer.
Taking stock of our first summer here on the blog, there are a few recipes that rise to the top in terms of our favorites, but there are also many recipes that we flagged for cooking but just didn't get to, but recommend that you give them a try.
Now on to Fall -- September and October issues of the magazines are already arriving, and there's lots we're wanting to cook.
Let us know if you try one of our recommended recipes -- we'd love to hear how they turned out. After all, Summer will be here again before we know it.
Our Favorites Recipes from the Summer
- Cold-Brewed Iced Coffee -- A perennial favorite. We make it at least once a week.
- Golden-Beet Salad -- One of the best salads we had all summer.
- Caramelized-Onion and Gorgonzola Grilled Pizza -- Our first foray grilling pizza -- amazing!
- Best BBQ Chicken with Simple Sauce -- The name says it all.
- Bourbon-Mint Tea -- Duh, it has bourbon in it.
Recipes We Recommend But Haven't Yet Tried
Food & Wine
- Sour Cherry Gin Slings (July 2008)
- Warm Potato Salad with Arugula (July 2008)
- Green Bean and Tomato Salad with Tarragon Dressing (July 2008)
- Stir-Fried Pork with Long Beans (May 2008)
- Adobo Chicken in Parchment (May 2008)
- Ribs in Black Vinegar Sauce (May 2008)
- Hamburger Buns (July 2008)
- Miso-Glazed Tuna Kebabs (July 2008)
- Deviled Chicken Drumsticks (August 2008)
Martha Stewart Living
- Fresh Peach Infused Vinegar (August 2008)
- No-Bake Chocolate and Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars (August 2008)
- Peach Shortcakes (July/August 2008)